Friday, February 22, 2019

Post-Vacation Sickness


So back from vacation now and while in Vegas I picked up a cough. Not sure if it is related to the cold I had before I left or something new. On Tuesday I headed to the Y for a run on the track. I forgot my water bottle and my HR strap so I ran by “feel” to try and keep my HR in the prescribed zone. I am sure I was too fast. So I ended up cutting my run short as it seemed like the logical thing to do. My swim yesterday was just ok. I wasn’t feeling real strong but managed to finish it.

Today I had a bike ride. I made all the intervals just fine, but my lungs were burning. I am sure that moderate exercise is good and probably helps the body keep fighting this off. I have always been taught that if the sickness is in your nose to keep going and in your lungs then stop. My cough has been intermittent so not enough to cause me to want to cancel a workout, but I just haven’t been giving it 100%

No comments:

Post a Comment